Monday 17 November 2008

A Long Overdue Update

Okay, I sorta knew this would happen. I always start a project with grand plans, but at the same time the knowledge that I can seldom be arsed to see them through. Hopefully, though, some of the recent happenings in my life will kick start my blog back into action.

First things first: Around about the time of my last post, I joined a band with some of my close friends. We've tentatively named ourselves "Shut Up Iain", after our bassist's frequent pleas for me to stop pointing out the flaws in his arguments. After five months of heavy cannabis usage*, and fuck all else to do, we've written a decent amount of material. 3 of our songs can be heard on our myspace page, www.myspace.com/shutupiain, with more soon to follow.

In similar news, we've decided as a band to start a band-based blog to go along with our Myspace. Here we shall include all the standard things you'd expect from a band's blog; music and gig updates, but also reviews of music, film, games etc. After many a night spent shouting at the Channel 4 news, my fellow band mates seem intent on having me write political diatribes for them, also. All of the material I contribute to Shut Up Iain's blog will probably also be posted here.

I've also been offered a chance to review anime for Anime-Planet.com, which I must say I'm pretty excited about. Again I will probably post my reviews here also, but in an uncut format, as well as any anime reviews that aren't suitable for AP. Currently I'm working on an extended review for MD Geist, which probably wouldn't be suitable for Anime Planet due to extenstive references to homosexuality (though we shall see) and FLAG, which I won't submit as it was reviewed recently and excellently by another Anime Planet reviewer.

My Youtube page, http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHarlequin13, is going to take a new direction. I had recently intended it to be used for my AMVs, but recently my first AMV was singled out for deletion due to copyright infringement (why just mine I don't know), so I'm going to be a coward and play on the safe side; uploading political instead. The first one I intend to post is an answer to a question posed to me about home ownership under Anarcho-Communism. As soon as I get my headset back from a friends house I shall be working on that. I will not be giving up making AMVs, though. Until such time as I find a safer video-hosting site, I shall probably upload them to my Rapidshare account and post links to them on this blog, along with screenshots, reasons for picking the anime and song, all that sort of fluff that I like to read about other people's creations.

That's it for now. Hopefully my next update won't be too long in coming. Perhaps I'll write a review for the Marillion gig I'm going to tomorrow. But the again, perhaps not.

No comments: