Tuesday 3 June 2008

Aire Freshener

A rather trivial post today, compared to the relative importance of my last entry.

I've always liked certain ambient noises. Be it the sound of cars gliding past at night, the sound of waves on a beach, or, my favourite of all, the sound of a rain storm when I'm safe and warm indoors. It is due to my love of noises such as these, that I was drawn to, and subsequently impressed a nifty little program called Air Freshener. Basically it gives you a selection of ambient sounds to play in the background.

I imagine, and believe it was intentended, that this program would be great for people who have difficulty getting to sleep, particularly those who find themselves disturbed by irregular, everyday noises, like dogs barking, fences clattering in the wind etc. It certainly has a very soporific effect, and effectively drowns out all but the loudest of noises.

Being the rebel that I am, though, I've mostly been using it while browsing the internet, when I'm not in the mood for music, and when I just want to sit there and let my mind wander. I currently have it set on "Thunder Storm" and, particlularly in combination with the following wallpaper, it provides me with a great sense of relaxation:



Strongly recommended.

No comments: